Cluster US Census block groups into hyperlocal markets
Already have an account? Login
Internship Program Synopsis
The US Census Bureau makes loads of data available via their API data service. While the API service works for many processes, this project seeks to cluster 200K Census block groups based on data drawn from the American Community Survey (ACS). This will provide Morton Analytics LLC a way to create hyper local market data and maps as a ready to use solution for understanding local markets by population/demographics, preferences, and so forth.
Use cases include geo-based marketing development and outcome measures, market research and penetration metrics, and map making.
Morton Analytics LLC will provide:
- A PostgreSQL database connection with raw data
- A web-based RStudio IDE – optional
You will deliver:
- A cluster model that preferences geographic proximity (there are existing functions that do this – you don’t need to develop anything new here)
- A dashboard view of summary statistics about the clusters
- Documentation describing the process you followed to produce your final product
VIP Info & Engagement Details
There are currently no champion assigned.
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Software Design & Development
There are no resources currently available